Tech Center 2800 — Semiconductors/Memory, Circuits/Measuring and Testing, Optics/Photocopying, Printing/Measuring and Testing
Groups in Tech Center 2800
|2830-2840||Electrical Circuits and Systems||78%|
|2850-2860||Printing/Measuring and Testing||78%|
Histogram of Examiner Grant Rates
Below is a weighted histogram (by number of cases) of the 3-year grant rates of the examiners in TC 2800. The average is 79% and the standard deviation is 15%.
Comparison with USPTO
TC 2800's grant rate is higher than that of the USPTO.
Grant Rate Timeline
Below is the grant rate timeline for TC 2800, where the timeline is relative to the date of the first office action. The three-year grant rate is the percentage of applications granted at three years after the first office action.
Tech Center 2800 Appeals Statistics
Appeal Outcomes — Should I Appeal?
Of the 14775 appeals for TC 2800, 9682 have outcomes for comparison. We excluded 1976 appeals that ended with an RCE or abandonment and 3117 appeals that are still pending.
Of the 9682 appeals with outcomes:
- 42% had good outcomes (4058 appeals) where the examiner was reversed or affirmed in part or the examiner otherwise allowed claims
- 43% had neutral outcomes (4207 appeals) where prosecution was reopened
- 15% had bad outcomes (1417 appeals) where the examiner was affirmed
TC 2800 Appeal Outcomes
PTAB Decisions — Should I let the Board Decide?
Of the 14775 appeals for TC 2800, 2619 included decisions by the PTAB:
- 34% reversed the examiner (898 decisions)
- 12% affirmed the examiner in part (304 decisions)
- 54% affirmed the examiner (1417 decisions)
TC 2800 PTAB Decisions
Pre-Appeal Conference Decisions — Should I request a PAC?
Of the 14775 appeals for TC 2800, 6350 included pre-appeal conference decisions:
- 10% withdrew rejections (636 decisions)
- 37% reopened prosecution (2347 decisions)
- 53% proceeded to appeal (3367 decisions)
TC 2800 PAC Decisions
Disclaimer: We do not provide any guarantees as to the accuracy of the statistics presented above and under
no circumstances will we be liable for any outcome resulting from your reliance on the above statistics.