Automated Patent Proofreading
We process your ready-for-filing draft of a patent application or office action response and find errors in your claims so you can fix them before filing. Use the buttons below to get started.
Security questions? Learn why Patent Bots is safe and secure.
Lack of Antecedent Basis
Our bots find antecedent basis errors in your claims. The results here show that "the banana" does not have an antecedent basis and that "the apple" does.
1. A method comprising: buying an apple, peeling the banana, and eating the apple.
Claim Support in the Specification
Our bots also count the number of times each claim word appears in the spec. Hover over each word to see the counts.
The results here show that "purchasing" has no support, "eating" has scant support, and "apple" and "method" have lots of support.
1. A method comprising: purchasing an apple, and eating the apple.
Claim Numbering Errors
Our bots also look for claim numbering errors, such as a skipped number or a repeated number. We'll also tell you if a claim depends from a claim with a different type as shown here.
1. A method for perpetual motion.
2. The system of claim 1, wherein perpetual means more than 5 minutes.
Patent Examiner Statistics
Knowing your examiner gives you an edge in preparing for interviews and determining strategy for responding to office actions. Start typing your examiner's name in the box below, and we'll show you examiners with matching names.
Patent Disposition Timelines
We compute patent disposition timelines that show you how likely you are to get a patent and also when you are likely to get it. The example timeline here is for the entire USPTO, and we also have timelines for each examiner. Across the USPTO, you have a 40% chance of getting a patent after 3 years and a 60% chance after 5 years.
Patent examiners vary greatly in their grant rates. From our review of USPTO data, we have picked the most extreme examiners based on their grant rates after 5 years.
- Examiner Kevin Worrell has a grant rate of 0% over 86 cases.
- Examiner Gene Nghia Auduong has a grant rate of 96% over 111 cases.
Learn more about our methodolgy for computing grant rates.