Tech Center 3600 — Transportation, Construction, Electronic Commerce, Agriculture, National Security and License and Review
Groups in Tech Center 3600
Histogram of Examiner Grant Rates
Below is a weighted histogram (by number of cases) of the 3-year grant rates of the examiners in TC 3600. The average is 62% and the standard deviation is 25%.
Comparison with USPTO
TC 3600's grant rate is lower than that of the USPTO.
Grant Rate Timeline
Below is the grant rate timeline for TC 3600, where the timeline is relative to the date of the first office action. The three-year grant rate is the percentage of applications granted at three years after the first office action.
Tech Center 3600 Appeals Statistics
Appeal Outcomes — Should I Appeal?
Of the 20982 appeals for TC 3600, 12305 have outcomes for comparison. We excluded 2609 appeals that ended with an RCE or abandonment and 6068 appeals that are still pending.
Of the 12305 appeals with outcomes:
- 38% had good outcomes (4671 appeals) where the examiner was reversed or affirmed in part or the examiner otherwise allowed claims
- 32% had neutral outcomes (3897 appeals) where prosecution was reopened
- 30% had bad outcomes (3737 appeals) where the examiner was affirmed
TC 3600 Appeal Outcomes
PTAB Decisions — Should I let the Board Decide?
Of the 20982 appeals for TC 3600, 6083 included decisions by the PTAB:
- 28% reversed the examiner (1718 decisions)
- 10% affirmed the examiner in part (628 decisions)
- 61% affirmed the examiner (3737 decisions)
TC 3600 PTAB Decisions
Pre-Appeal Conference Decisions — Should I request a PAC?
Of the 20982 appeals for TC 3600, 6526 included pre-appeal conference decisions:
- 8% withdrew rejections (540 decisions)
- 23% reopened prosecution (1500 decisions)
- 69% proceeded to appeal (4486 decisions)
TC 3600 PAC Decisions
Disclaimer: We do not provide any guarantees as to the accuracy of the statistics presented above and under
no circumstances will we be liable for any outcome resulting from your reliance on the above statistics.