Tech Center 2600 — Communications
Groups in Tech Center 2600
Histogram of Examiner Grant Rates
Below is a weighted histogram (by number of cases) of the 3-year grant rates of the examiners in TC 2600. The average is 74% and the standard deviation is 17%.
Comparison with USPTO
TC 2600's grant rate is higher than that of the USPTO.
Grant Rate Timeline
Below is the grant rate timeline for TC 2600, where the timeline is relative to the date of the first office action. The three-year grant rate is the percentage of applications granted at three years after the first office action.
Tech Center 2600 Appeals Statistics
Appeal Outcomes — Should I Appeal?
Of the 12071 appeals for TC 2600, 7317 have outcomes for comparison. We excluded 1857 appeals that ended with an RCE or abandonment and 2897 appeals that are still pending.
Of the 7317 appeals with outcomes:
- 46% had good outcomes (3342 appeals) where the examiner was reversed or affirmed in part or the examiner otherwise allowed claims
- 28% had neutral outcomes (2062 appeals) where prosecution was reopened
- 26% had bad outcomes (1913 appeals) where the examiner was affirmed
TC 2600 Appeal Outcomes
PTAB Decisions — Should I let the Board Decide?
Of the 12071 appeals for TC 2600, 3192 included decisions by the PTAB:
- 27% reversed the examiner (872 decisions)
- 13% affirmed the examiner in part (407 decisions)
- 60% affirmed the examiner (1913 decisions)
TC 2600 PTAB Decisions
Pre-Appeal Conference Decisions — Should I request a PAC?
Of the 12071 appeals for TC 2600, 6153 included pre-appeal conference decisions:
- 8% withdrew rejections (496 decisions)
- 19% reopened prosecution (1174 decisions)
- 73% proceeded to appeal (4483 decisions)
TC 2600 PAC Decisions
Disclaimer: We do not provide any guarantees as to the accuracy of the statistics presented above and under
no circumstances will we be liable for any outcome resulting from your reliance on the above statistics.