Patent Bots is Safe and Secure
Who We Are
Patent Bots is run by Jeff O'Neill, a practicing patent attorney, who was previously patent counsel for Amazon, an associate at a Boston patent firm, and a clerk for the First Circuit Court of Appeals. Jeff also knows web security having run a secure online voting website for more than 7 years. See Jeff's resume on LinkedIn.
We Don't Store your Patents
You are likely already storing your patent documents in the cloud, such as by emailing drafts to clients or using cloud storage within your firm.
We don't. We process your documents in seconds and immediately discard them. We don't store or log any content of your documents.
We use best practices for security. See below for our grades from several third-party evaluations along with comparisons to other cloud services you may use.
Here are some examples of our security practices:
- We encrypt communications using both HTTPS and HSTP.
- We don't store any sensitive information, such as credit card numbers (we rely on established providers of payment services).
- We use a strong, unique password and two-factor authentication to access our servers.
- All servers are located in the United States.
- We run on Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services to make sure that our servers have the latest security updates.
- We run weekly vulnerability scans to vet our security practices. Contact us if you would like see a copy of a recent report.
|Security Test||Patent Bots||Gmail||Drop Box|
Click any of the grades to see detailed results.