Tech Center 3700 — Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing and Medical Devices/Processes
Groups in Tech Center 3700
Histogram of Examiner Grant Rates
Below is a weighted histogram (by number of cases) of the 3-year grant rates of the examiners in TC 3700. The average is 60% and the standard deviation is 19%.
Comparison with USPTO
TC 3700's grant rate is lower than that of the USPTO.
Grant Rate Timeline
Below is the grant rate timeline for TC 3700, where the timeline is relative to the date of the first office action. The three-year grant rate is the percentage of applications granted at three years after the first office action.
Tech Center 3700 Appeals Statistics
Appeal Outcomes — Should I Appeal?
Of the 21646 appeals for TC 3700, 13130 have outcomes for comparison. We excluded 2883 appeals that ended with an RCE or abandonment and 5633 appeals that are still pending.
Of the 13130 appeals with outcomes:
- 44% had good outcomes (5809 appeals) where the examiner was reversed or affirmed in part or the examiner otherwise allowed claims
- 36% had neutral outcomes (4783 appeals) where prosecution was reopened
- 19% had bad outcomes (2538 appeals) where the examiner was affirmed
TC 3700 Appeal Outcomes
PTAB Decisions — Should I let the Board Decide?
Of the 21646 appeals for TC 3700, 5861 included decisions by the PTAB:
- 41% reversed the examiner (2396 decisions)
- 16% affirmed the examiner in part (927 decisions)
- 43% affirmed the examiner (2538 decisions)
TC 3700 PTAB Decisions
Pre-Appeal Conference Decisions — Should I request a PAC?
Of the 21646 appeals for TC 3700, 7179 included pre-appeal conference decisions:
- 7% withdrew rejections (503 decisions)
- 28% reopened prosecution (2016 decisions)
- 65% proceeded to appeal (4660 decisions)
TC 3700 PAC Decisions
Disclaimer: We do not provide any guarantees as to the accuracy of the statistics presented above and under
no circumstances will we be liable for any outcome resulting from your reliance on the above statistics.