Tech Center 2900 — Design
Groups in Tech Center 2900
Histogram of Examiner Grant Rates
Below is a weighted histogram (by number of cases) of the 3-year grant rates of the examiners in TC 2900. The average is 99% and the standard deviation is 2%.
Comparison with USPTO
TC 2900's grant rate is higher than that of the USPTO.
Grant Rate Timeline
Below is the grant rate timeline for TC 2900, where the timeline is relative to the date of the first office action. The three-year grant rate is the percentage of applications granted at three years after the first office action.
Tech Center 2900 Appeals Statistics
Appeal Outcomes — Should I Appeal?
Of the 410 appeals for TC 2900, 198 have outcomes for comparison. We excluded 2 appeals that ended with an RCE or abandonment and 210 appeals that are still pending.
Of the 198 appeals with outcomes:
- 59% had good outcomes (116 appeals) where the examiner was reversed or affirmed in part or the examiner otherwise allowed claims
- 34% had neutral outcomes (67 appeals) where prosecution was reopened
- 8% had bad outcomes (15 appeals) where the examiner was affirmed
TC 2900 Appeal Outcomes
PTAB Decisions — Should I let the Board Decide?
Of the 410 appeals for TC 2900, 53 included decisions by the PTAB:
- 72% reversed the examiner (38 decisions)
- 0% affirmed the examiner in part (0 decisions)
- 28% affirmed the examiner (15 decisions)
TC 2900 PTAB Decisions
Pre-Appeal Conference Decisions — Should I request a PAC?
Of the 410 appeals for TC 2900, 96 included pre-appeal conference decisions:
- 40% withdrew rejections (38 decisions)
- 26% reopened prosecution (25 decisions)
- 34% proceeded to appeal (33 decisions)
TC 2900 PAC Decisions
Disclaimer: We do not provide any guarantees as to the accuracy of the statistics presented above and under
no circumstances will we be liable for any outcome resulting from your reliance on the above statistics.