Tech Center 2400 — Networking, Multiplexing, Cable, and Security
Groups in Tech Center 2400
|2410-2460-2470||Multiplex and VoIP||77%|
|2420||Cable and Television||62%|
|2430-2490||Cryptography and Security||75%|
|2480||Recording and Compression||59%|
Histogram of Examiner Grant Rates
Below is a weighted histogram (by number of cases) of the 3-year grant rates of the examiners in TC 2400. The average is 70% and the standard deviation is 18%.
Comparison with USPTO
TC 2400's grant rate is higher than that of the USPTO.
Grant Rate Timeline
Below is the grant rate timeline for TC 2400, where the timeline is relative to the date of the first office action. The three-year grant rate is the percentage of applications granted at three years after the first office action.
Tech Center 2400 Appeals Statistics
Appeal Outcomes — Should I Appeal?
Of the 15021 appeals for TC 2400, 9237 have outcomes for comparison. We excluded 2165 appeals that ended with an RCE or abandonment and 3619 appeals that are still pending.
Of the 9237 appeals with outcomes:
- 45% had good outcomes (4144 appeals) where the examiner was reversed or affirmed in part or the examiner otherwise allowed claims
- 33% had neutral outcomes (3052 appeals) where prosecution was reopened
- 22% had bad outcomes (2041 appeals) where the examiner was affirmed
TC 2400 Appeal Outcomes
PTAB Decisions — Should I let the Board Decide?
Of the 15021 appeals for TC 2400, 3698 included decisions by the PTAB:
- 32% reversed the examiner (1192 decisions)
- 13% affirmed the examiner in part (465 decisions)
- 55% affirmed the examiner (2041 decisions)
TC 2400 PTAB Decisions
Pre-Appeal Conference Decisions — Should I request a PAC?
Of the 15021 appeals for TC 2400, 7392 included pre-appeal conference decisions:
- 8% withdrew rejections (558 decisions)
- 23% reopened prosecution (1720 decisions)
- 69% proceeded to appeal (5114 decisions)
TC 2400 PAC Decisions
Disclaimer: We do not provide any guarantees as to the accuracy of the statistics presented above and under
no circumstances will we be liable for any outcome resulting from your reliance on the above statistics.