Tech Center 2100 — Computer Architecture and Software
Groups in Tech Center 2100
Histogram of Examiner Grant Rates
Below is a weighted histogram (by number of cases) of the 3-year grant rates of the examiners in TC 2100. The average is 69% and the standard deviation is 21%.
Comparison with USPTO
TC 2100's grant rate is higher than that of the USPTO.
Grant Rate Timeline
Below is the grant rate timeline for TC 2100, where the timeline is relative to the date of the first office action. The three-year grant rate is the percentage of applications granted at three years after the first office action.
Tech Center 2100 Appeals Statistics
Appeal Outcomes — Should I Appeal?
Of the 12966 appeals for TC 2100, 8425 have outcomes for comparison. We excluded 1455 appeals that ended with an RCE or abandonment and 3086 appeals that are still pending.
Of the 8425 appeals with outcomes:
- 37% had good outcomes (3113 appeals) where the examiner was reversed or affirmed in part or the examiner otherwise allowed claims
- 39% had neutral outcomes (3311 appeals) where prosecution was reopened
- 24% had bad outcomes (2001 appeals) where the examiner was affirmed
TC 2100 Appeal Outcomes
PTAB Decisions — Should I let the Board Decide?
Of the 12966 appeals for TC 2100, 3400 included decisions by the PTAB:
- 28% reversed the examiner (962 decisions)
- 13% affirmed the examiner in part (437 decisions)
- 59% affirmed the examiner (2001 decisions)
TC 2100 PTAB Decisions
Pre-Appeal Conference Decisions — Should I request a PAC?
Of the 12966 appeals for TC 2100, 5685 included pre-appeal conference decisions:
- 4% withdrew rejections (217 decisions)
- 31% reopened prosecution (1755 decisions)
- 65% proceeded to appeal (3713 decisions)
TC 2100 PAC Decisions
Disclaimer: We do not provide any guarantees as to the accuracy of the statistics presented above and under
no circumstances will we be liable for any outcome resulting from your reliance on the above statistics.