Tech Center 1700 — Chemical and Materials Engineering
Groups in Tech Center 1700
Histogram of Examiner Grant Rates
Below is a weighted histogram (by number of cases) of the 3-year grant rates of the examiners in TC 1700. The average is 58% and the standard deviation is 22%.
Comparison with USPTO
TC 1700's grant rate is lower than that of the USPTO.
Grant Rate Timeline
Below is the grant rate timeline for TC 1700, where the timeline is relative to the date of the first office action. The three-year grant rate is the percentage of applications granted at three years after the first office action.
Tech Center 1700 Appeals Statistics
Appeal Outcomes — Should I Appeal?
Of the 18747 appeals for TC 1700, 10239 have outcomes for comparison. We excluded 3469 appeals that ended with an RCE or abandonment and 5039 appeals that are still pending.
Of the 10239 appeals with outcomes:
- 40% had good outcomes (4145 appeals) where the examiner was reversed or affirmed in part or the examiner otherwise allowed claims
- 29% had neutral outcomes (3018 appeals) where prosecution was reopened
- 30% had bad outcomes (3076 appeals) where the examiner was affirmed
TC 1700 Appeal Outcomes
PTAB Decisions — Should I let the Board Decide?
Of the 18747 appeals for TC 1700, 4716 included decisions by the PTAB:
- 27% reversed the examiner (1254 decisions)
- 8% affirmed the examiner in part (386 decisions)
- 65% affirmed the examiner (3076 decisions)
TC 1700 PTAB Decisions
Pre-Appeal Conference Decisions — Should I request a PAC?
Of the 18747 appeals for TC 1700, 5643 included pre-appeal conference decisions:
- 8% withdrew rejections (435 decisions)
- 23% reopened prosecution (1282 decisions)
- 70% proceeded to appeal (3926 decisions)
TC 1700 PAC Decisions
Disclaimer: We do not provide any guarantees as to the accuracy of the statistics presented above and under
no circumstances will we be liable for any outcome resulting from your reliance on the above statistics.