Tech Center 1600 — Biotechnology and Organic Chemistry
Groups in Tech Center 1600
Histogram of Examiner Grant Rates
Below is a weighted histogram (by number of cases) of the 3-year grant rates of the examiners in TC 1600. The average is 56% and the standard deviation is 21%.
Comparison with USPTO
TC 1600's grant rate is lower than that of the USPTO.
Grant Rate Timeline
Below is the grant rate timeline for TC 1600, where the timeline is relative to the date of the first office action. The three-year grant rate is the percentage of applications granted at three years after the first office action.
Tech Center 1600 Appeals Statistics
Appeal Outcomes — Should I Appeal?
Of the 16143 appeals for TC 1600, 5252 have outcomes for comparison. We excluded 5071 appeals that ended with an RCE or abandonment and 5820 appeals that are still pending.
Of the 5252 appeals with outcomes:
- 45% had good outcomes (2342 appeals) where the examiner was reversed or affirmed in part or the examiner otherwise allowed claims
- 26% had neutral outcomes (1353 appeals) where prosecution was reopened
- 30% had bad outcomes (1557 appeals) where the examiner was affirmed
TC 1600 Appeal Outcomes
PTAB Decisions — Should I let the Board Decide?
Of the 16143 appeals for TC 1600, 2262 included decisions by the PTAB:
- 24% reversed the examiner (541 decisions)
- 7% affirmed the examiner in part (164 decisions)
- 69% affirmed the examiner (1557 decisions)
TC 1600 PTAB Decisions
Pre-Appeal Conference Decisions — Should I request a PAC?
Of the 16143 appeals for TC 1600, 3021 included pre-appeal conference decisions:
- 13% withdrew rejections (403 decisions)
- 17% reopened prosecution (508 decisions)
- 70% proceeded to appeal (2110 decisions)
TC 1600 PAC Decisions
Disclaimer: We do not provide any guarantees as to the accuracy of the statistics presented above and under
no circumstances will we be liable for any outcome resulting from your reliance on the above statistics.